Our Precious Makalynne

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Still Waiting

Well, we are still waiting... I talked to Jessa at Great Wall Wednesday this past week and she informed me that families logged in on 11/26/10 are still waiting on their LSC's to arrive. Ugh! That's a whole month ahead of us so we are not looking to receive ours anytime soon. That is not the news I wanted to hear, but nothing I can do about it. So I'll just stay on my knees praying that God will deliver it on His time table. So for now, I'll just look forward to hearing back on the update I requested on her. We are hoping to receive it later this week. We will keep our fingers crossed!!! I wanted to post the questions that I asked on the update request. I requested the following:
1. New pictures:)- Gotta have these:))
2. What are her most recent measurements and date taken?- I want to make sure I have a good estimate of her size when we go to get her
3. What are her favorite foods?- I wonder if she will have any?
4. What is her current feeding schedule and is she drinking from a bottle only? What solid foods does she like?- I'm not totally sure what to expect based upon the experiences of others. All these kids seem to be a little different in this respect
5. What is her sleeping pattern?- Should I be prepared for a night owl like her mommy or an early riser???
6. Does she share a crib with another child or sleep alone?- I hope she sleeps alone as I think it will make her transition a little easier. However, if she needs a bed buddy, her mommy will gladly fill that role:)
7. What things is she afraid of?- Good for preparation if she doesnt like musical toys, ect..
8. What comforts her when she is afraid or sad?- Definately good to know!!!
9. How well does she get along with the other children?- This will be helpful in preparing the boys for her
10. What is her favorite toy?
11. Has her palate been repaired and if so, how has she recovered since the surgery?- Her last report said she had a lip/palate repair done in August but it also said she would need a surgery later for her palate so we are unsure if they were referring to the initial surgery or a second repair that is usually needed
12. Is she saying any words?- If the palate has been repaired, we want to know if she has begun learning to develop words.
13. How many teeth does she have?- She had 4 as of the information we received in October
14. How is she doing developmentally? Is she walking?
15. What is her personality like? Is she a happy baby?
16. Does she like to be held?
17. Does she like sleeping with blankets?
18. Does she have a favorite object that she takes with her everywhere?
19. Does she use a pacifier?
20. Does she wear diapers and is she using the potty at all?
All of the questions we believe will help us in preparing to get her and in establishing routines after we get her. We just can't wait!!!!
Maybe we will get this sometime this week!!! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat just waiting!!!! For now, I'm keeping on praying.... Lord, Bring us our Daughter:))

No comments:

Post a Comment