Our Precious Makalynne

Monday, March 7, 2011

No News:(

Well, we are still waiting. I did call today to check with immigration and they have still not sent my file to my adjudicator (case worker). I will call back on Friday as they said it usually takes 10-14 business days to transfer over. Jessa also told me to call her when it had been 2 weeks so she could ask my adjudicator to fed ex me my approval notice to try and cut off about a week or so from their time frame. I do know that the adjudicator is not supposed to have the file on his desk for more than 7-10 business days. That being said, if my file is transferred over by Monday of next week, we should be looking at no more than 4 weeks total processing time:) While this is a rediculous amount of time in total, we are just thankful that we may be able to cut a week off of the time frame. For now we are on our knees praying steadfast that the time keeps moving and we get every day a step closer to our Makalynne:)) Just for a breakdown of what our time looks like after immigration this go around, here's what lies ahead... Next, our file will be transferred to the NVC where it supposedly only stays for about 2 days. During this step, I will be able to send an email to the NVC and ask them to email me the notice that my file has been transferred to Guanzhou. This should cut off about 1 week of time since I won't have to wait for regular mail. Once my file leaves the NVC, it will be transferred to Gaunzhou where the US Consulate is. After I receive the notice from the NVC (hopefully by email), I will send my last packet of info over to my agency who will then forward it to the courrier in Guanzhou. Once the courrier receives it, they will take it to the Consulate. There will then be an exact 2 week wait time from the time it is dropped off to the time it can be picked back up. After the two weeks, the courrier will then pick it back up and send it overnight to the CCAA!!! Hooray! This will be the last step. Once the CCAA receives my file, they will take 2-8 weeks to issue my travel approval. This is where we will be asking that everyone be on their knees in constant prayer for us. The CCAA took over 8 weeks to get us the LSC so we are really hoping that they won't take that long this go around. We are really hoping for 2 weeks!!! Wouldn't that be nice??? Things haven't seemed to go our way thus far, but hey, we can still have faith and PRAY!!! The way things look right now, we are estimating that our file will be received at the CCAA around the week of April 25th. Then if they take only a couple of weeks, that would put us traveling probably the last week of May! Our prayer is still for the second week of May but at this point, it is very unlikely. In fact, what is most probable is that we will travel around the second or third week of June. Again, we are really praying for God's intervention in this. We would really like to travel in May when the kids are still in school as we think it would be of great benefit in passing the time for them. We are worried about how they will hold up for 2 long weeks if they are out of school and able to focus more on the fact that we are not here. Whatever happens, we know God is in control so we will just trust His time...

No comments:

Post a Comment